Friday 15 August 2014

How To Clean Makeup Brushes

How I clean my makeup brushes

Hey guys!
Today's post will be about how I clean my makeup brushes.
I'll go step by step and include pictures also. 
This is just how I personally clean them, there is no wrong or right way but I find this technique works for me :)


Here is a picture of my makeup brushes before being cleaned. As you can see, they are quite dirty and in need for a good clean.


And another of a single brush up close to show you what it looks like before cleaning.


 

 First of all, you will need:

  • Makeup brushes to clean (obviously)
  • Shampoo- any shampoo will work 
  • Water
  • Towel
I set up in my bathroom, with my hand towel laying on the bench and my shampoo nearby.



 I started running the water so it could warm up- I usually use warm water however it doesn't matter whether it's cold or warm.


 You only need a small amount of shampoo to clean each brush. Just pour some into the palm of your hand (ensuring your hand is also clean) and run a brush under the water. 
All you need to do now is to rub the brush gently in a circular motion on your palm with the shampoo and viola! 
You will see all the makeup come off of the brush as you do this.


Next just rinse the shampoo off and shake the excess water into the sink off of the brush, then place them on your towel so it soaks up the rest of the water while drying.





Unfortunately I don't have pictures of all the brushes as I used some before I had the chance to take photos. 
So here are a couple of brushes after being cleaned and dried.


 



Note: Make sure you have enough time to dry your brushes before your next use as they can take up to 24 hours to dry. 
After being washed and dried, the brushes will look a little out of shape. But don't worry, because all you need to do is swirl them around in your hand and they go back into shape! If they have white bristles like mine, they should go in dirty and come back out white like new again!
I don't wash my brushes with shampoo and water everyday, or too often at all. I only do it when they rally need a good wash. In between these washes, I use a makeup brush cleaner by 'Artiste'. All you do is spray it onto a tissue or some sort of paper towel, and again swirl your brushes onto this. This should take off the excess makeup from your brushes and disinfect them. 


ALL PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHT AND OWNED BY ME

No comments:

Post a Comment