Friday 1 August 2014

A spot in my heart for these beauties

Meet My Beauties 

My Dogs

Sooo... I seem to have tonnes of photos of my dogs, is that enough to prove that they are a huge part of my life?? Haha. But seriously, I absolutely love my boys, they are like family to me. They are both gorgeous in their own ways and their personalities alter. I thought I'd share with you guys a chunk of my life :) 
Do any of you have pets that you love like family? If so, comment below and tell me about them :) I'd love to hear about the pets you have, and their names! 


First of all, here's Scruff :) Scruff is an Australian Terrier Cross. He is a small dog, and is super smart. He knows 'tricks' including shaking hands, high 5, sit, lay down, roll and so many more! Scruff is 13 years old and we have had him since he was a pup, so he's been a major part of our lives. He's been through a lot lately, including difficulties with his heart murmur, cancers cut off, and another big dog attacking him. Worst of all, he absolutely hates the vets! So bad luck for him, he's been there quite a few times this year. He's the most gorgeous dog and we love him to bits. He definitely looks like a Scruff hence the name, and he hates water, so when it's bath time you have to grab him when he leasts expects it-and whatever you do, do not say the word 'bath', because he sure knows what that means after 13 years! Scruff is from the RSPCA in my local town and definitely saved us rather than him, because we love him to bits.


Then we have Harry. Yes Harry and Scruff. We did not name Harry ourselves, he was named previously as he is a SARG dog (Sunraysia Animal Rehousing Group). SARG fosters animals before they are adopted. Poor Harry, only about 3 years old now, has been to approximately 6 different homes before us. He was a MAJOR chewer! He chewed up so, so many things in the house including the couch AND the carpet, along with so many other things (oh and two dog beds! Guess he didn't want to sleep in a dog bed). This was the main reason he was given back to SARG so many times. But we were extremely patient with Harry. Eventually we discovered he had anxiety problems, as he mainly chewed when left alone. After a while, he settled into our home, which is now his home, and he stopped his chewing problem. Harry has the funniest personality and he's super flexible! He lays in some strange positions and obviously finds them comfy, while we find them hilarious! He has a lot more energy than Scruff as he is younger, and Scruff was a little funny when we got Harry has he had been the only dog for many years. However, now they are best buds! Harry is quite a smart dog too, but seems to be a little arrogant or lazy as he seems to only do tricks when he's getting treats for it! Cheeky thing.  

Here is Harry with his bear, which is now ripped to shreds!

And here is little Scruff, he's a bit of a poser when I get the camera out :)


Here are both the boys exploring down at the river

No comments:

Post a Comment